Sept. 4, 11
• Farmers Market, 875 S. 50 West, Kaysville, 5 to 8 p.m.
• Farmington Art and Quilt Show, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Woodland Park, 300 S. 200 East, Farmington. Art, quilts, music, and food. Enjoy a stroll in the park for a spectacular quilt and fine art show. This special event is open to the public and all proceeds will be used to provide scholarships for local single mothers.
• NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) of Davis County is sponsoring their NAMI Walk and annual fundraiser. Liberty Park, 1300 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, 9 a.m. To register please go to http://namiwalks.nami.org/namidaviscounty or call Cristy Pack at 801-870-3979
• Storytelling at the Centerville Whitaker Museum features Andy Bavelas, “An 1860 Centerville Farmhouse,” 168 N. Main, Centerville, Margot, 801-797-9916.
• Meet the Candidates for State Legislature: Senate District 22, J. Stuart Adams and Kip Sayre, House District 15, Rich Miller and Brad R. Wilson, House District 16, Steve Handy, Douglas McEntire Sill, Jeffrey Ostler, House District 17, Stewart E. Barlow and Eric Last., 6:45 p.m. Meet & Greet, 7 p.m. Questions & Answers. DATC rotunda, 550 E. 300 South, Kaysville. Moderated by League of Women Voters of Davis County. For more information call (801) 292-7889 of (801) 651-6096.
• Cruise Night, Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington, 5:30–8:30 p.m.
• The Davis County Community Group of the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation (UDSF) will hold its annual Buddy Walk fundraiser at Centerville Community Park, 1350 N. 400 West, Centerville. Money raised from the event will provide funding for the nonprofit’s education, early intervention, social and advocacy programs. Same-day Buddy Walk registration begins at 10 a.m., followed by family-friendly activities, including the Buddy Walk, until 2 p.m. An optional 5K run starts at 8:30 a.m. Participants can register online at www.udsf.donordrive.com until Sept. 12, or in person at the park on Sept. 13. Cost to register is $10 per adult (18 and over) and $7 per child (17 and under). There is no charge for individuals with Down syndrome. Registration for the 5K run is $25 for adults and $15 for children.
• Vineyard Quilt Airing, 1 to 5 p.m., Bountiful Blvd. and Viewcrest Drive. The show, free to the public, is a way of sharing talents with the community and includes music and light refreshments. In the past there have been 300 plus quilts adorning the fences, trees and decks.
• South Davis Chapter of AARP will meet at 12 p.m. at The Golden Years, 726 S. 100 East, Bountiful. Tom Haraldsen, current managing editor of The Davis Clipper, will be the speaker. Vistors are welcome.
• Meet the Candidates for State Legislature: House District 18, Richard Bagley and Timothy D. Hawkes, House District 19, Eli Cawley, Daniel Donahoe, and Raymond Ward, House District 20, Becky Edwards, Robert G. Moultrie, Donna Taylor. 6:45 p.m. Meet & Greet, 7 p.m. Questions and Answers, Bountiful City Hall, 790 S. 100 East, Bountiful. Moderated by League of Women Voters of Davis County. For more information call (801) 292-7889 of (801) 651-6096.
• Science and Faith Simulcast event, 7 to 9 p.m. Hosted by The Bridge Community, 260 E. Pages Lane (east of Deseret Industry) Centerville, Are science and faith in conflict? How scientific are the claims of leading atheist? Speakers – Eric Metaxas – Stephen Meyer – John Lennox. Learn more about the event and register at www.thebridgeutah.org. Free.
• Syracuse City Farmer’s Market, Wednesdays, 5 to 9 p.m., Centennial Park, 1891 W. 1700 South. Produce, eggs, meat, bread, crafts, jewelry, art and music.
• Meet the Candidates for State Legislature: Senate District 21, Jerry W. Stevenson and Sherri Tatton, House District 13, Bob Buckles and Paul Ray, House District 14, Curtis Oda and Cheryl Lynn Phipps. 6:35 p.m. Meet & Greet; 7 p.m. Questions & Answers, Clearfield City Hall, 55 S. State, Clearfield. Moderated by League of Women Voters of Davis County. For more information call (801) 292-7889 of (801) 651-6096.
• A Tribute to Patsy Cline Starring Erica Hansen will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, davisarts.org.
• Blood Sweat and Tears featuring Bo Bice will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, davisarts.org.
• A benefit concert featuring singing sensation Nathan Pacheco and Grammy-nominated violinist Jenny Oaks Baker will be held at 8 p.m. at the UCCU Center at UVU to raise money to support LDS missionaries worldwide. Additional artists include a cappella group BYU’s Vocal Point, piano phenomenon Rebecca Pacheco and the 100 plus member American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic. The concert will close the three-day LDS Missionary Expo to be held October 1–3 at Utah Valley University. Tickets to the benefit concert start at $10, and may be purchased through SmithsTix , the UCCU Center, www.LDSMissionaryExpo.com, or by calling 800-888-TIXX (8499). The three-day expo is free.
Aug. 11-Sept. 6
• The musical “Peter Pan” is now playing at CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
Sept. 29-Oct. 25
• The musical “Jekyl & Hyde” is now playing at CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
First /Third Wednesday
• The Davis County chapter, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) meets first and third Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. at Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main, Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby, 801-631-1275 or Jerry King, 801-451-5325.
Sept. 4, 11, 18
Oct. 2, 9, 23, 30
• Adult religion class, taught by Patrick D. Degan, “Isaiah: Patterns, Principles, and Prophecies for the Last Days,” 7 to 8:30 p.m., West Bountiful 6th/10th Wards, 1750 N. 900 West, West Bountiful. 801-422-8925 or 1-877-221-6716. http://arc.byu.edu. $10.50/course or $2.50.lecture.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets at 7:30 a.m. at Comfort Inn Suites, 2437 S. Wildcat Way, Woods Cross. Visitors welcome.
• The Bountiful chapter of Rotary meets at 11:30 a.m. at Joy Luck Restaurant, located at 566 W. 1350 South in Woods Cross. Visitors welcome.