Aug. 28, Sept. 4, 11
• Farmers Market, 875 S. 50 West, Kaysville, 5 to 8 p.m.
• Senator Todd Weiler Talks Hot Topics: Legislative Plans Affecting Current Davis County Issues, 7 p.m., South Branch Library, 725 S. Main, Bountiful. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Davis County.
Through Aug. 29
• Bountiful/Davis Art Center presents: Nothing Flat, Bountiful/Davis Art Center located at 28 E. State Street, South Door, 2nd Floor, Farmington. 801-451-3660 or visit us online at bdac.org.
• Cold Cones and Cool Cars, Heritage Park, 250 Fairfield Road, Kaysville, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Gates open at 9 a.m.). Come check out the beautiful vintage vehicles at Kaysville’s 11th annual fall cruise-in. Enjoy live music from Shane Martin (Elvis) and his band “The Midnight Special,” with a wide variety of music for everyone to enjoy, plus ice cream from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Family First Monday event sponsored by Macaroni Kid. Box Troll Blast is the theme for the event, 5:30–7:30 p.m., Farmington Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington. shopatstationpark.com/play. 801-923-9111.
• Farmington Art and Quilt Show, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Woodland Park, 300 S. 200 East, Farmington. Art, quilts, music, and food. Enjoy a stroll in the park for a spectacular quilt and fine art show. This special event is open to the public and all proceeds will be used to provide scholarships for local single mothers.
• NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) of Davis County is sponsoring their NAMI Walk and annual fundraiser. Liberty Park, 1300 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, 9 a.m. To register please go to http://namiwalks.nami.org/namidaviscounty or call Cristy Pack at 801-870-3979
• Storytelling at the Centerville Whitaker Museum features Andy Bavelas, “An 1860 Centerville Farmhouse,” 168 N. Main, Centerville, Margot, 801-797-9916.
• Meet the Candidates for State Legislature: Senate District 22, J. Stuart Adams and Kip Sayre, House District 15, Rich Miller and Brad R. Wilson, House District 16, Steve Handy, Douglas McEntire Sill, Jeffrey Ostler, House District 17, Stewart E. Barlow and Eric Last., 6:45 p.m. Meet & Greet, 7 p.m. Questions & Answers. DATC rotunda, 580 E. 300 South, Kaysville. Moderated by League of Women Voters of Davis County. For more information call (801) 292-7889 of (801) 651-6096.
• Cruise Night, Station Park, 320 N. Station Parkway, Farmington, 5:30–8:30 p.m.
• Meet the Candidates for State Legislature: House District 18, Richard Bagley and Timothy D. Hawkes, House District 19, Eli Cawley, Daniel Donahoe, and Raymond Ward, House District 20, Becky Edwards, Robert G. Moultrie, Donna Taylor. 6:45 p.m. Meet & Greet, 7 p.m. Questions and Answers, Bountiful City Hall, 790 S. 100 East, Bountiful. Moderated by League of Women Voters of Davis County. For more information call (801) 292-7889 of (801) 651-6096.
• Syracuse City Farmer’s Market, Wednesdays, 5 to 9 p.m., Centennial Park, 1891 W. 1700 South. Produce, eggs, meat, bread, crafts, jewelry, art and music.
• Meet the Candidates for State Legislature: Senate District 21, Jerry W. Stevenson and Sherri Tatton, House District 13, Bob Buckles and Paul Ray, House District 14, Curtis Oda and Cheryl Lynn Phipps. 6:35 p.m. Meet & Greet; 7 p.m. Questions & Answers, Clearfield City Hall, 55 S. State, Clearfield. Moderated by League of Women Voters of Davis County. For more information call (801) 292-7889 of (801) 651-6096.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7:30 p.m. Miles To Go, foot-stomping popular bluegrass band, will perform. Brigham Young Historic Park, State Street and 2nd Avenue, Salt Lake City.
• Temple Square Concert Series, 7:30 p.m., Assemblly Hall. Paul Cardall will perform. Open to ages and and older. No tickets needed.
• Bountiful City’s last summer concert of the year has been rescheduled to Aug. 30 at 7 p.m. at Bountiful City Park. Echo, a band that plays a mix of new and classic rock, will be performing. The park is located at 400 N. and 200 West in Bountiful.
• Sunday Concert Series, 7 p.m., Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park. Free. Ogden Concert Band will perform classic Sousa marches, movie theme songs, patriotic songs, and traditional Sunday-in-the-Park favorites.
• A Tribute to Patsy Cline Starring Erica Hansen will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, davisarts.org.
• Blood Sweat and Tears featuring Bo Bice will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kenley Amphitheater in Layton Commons Park, presented by the Davis Arts Council, 801-546-8575, davisarts.org.
• A benefit concert featuring singing sensation Nathan Pacheco and Grammy-nominated violinist Jenny Oaks Baker will be held at 8 p.m. at the UCCU Center at UVU to raise money to support LDS missionaries worldwide. Additional artists include a cappella group BYU’s Vocal Point, piano phenomenon Rebecca Pacheco and the 100 plus member American Heritage Lyceum Philharmonic. The concert will close the three-day LDS Missionary Expo to be held October 1–3 at Utah Valley University. Tickets to the benefit concert start at $10, and may be purchased through SmithsTix , the UCCU Center, www.LDSMissionaryExpo.com, or by calling 800-888-TIXX (8499). The three-day expo is free.
Aug. 11-Sept. 6
• The musical “Peter Pan” is now playing at CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
First /Third Wednesday
• The Davis County chapter, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) meets first and third Wednesdays, 7:30 p.m. at Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main, Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby, 801-631-1275 or Jerry King, 801-451-5325.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets at 7:30 a.m. at Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West, West Bountiful. Visitors welcome.
• The Bountiful chapter of Rotary meets at 11:30 a.m. at Joy Luck Restaurant, located at 566 W. 1350 South in Woods Cross. Visitors welcome.