HILL AFB – Sexual abuse awareness and ways to fight it are set for April, designated as Sexual Abuse Awareness Month at Hill AFB.
The base’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) office is sponsoring the majority of the events, which range from a 5K run to a self defense course.
The events include:
- 5K run and 10mile Silent March April 1 at 7:30 a.m. at the Warrior Fitness Center track on base.
- Self-defense course at The Bubble behind the Warrior Fitness Center., 7:30 a.m. It will focus on escape strategies, is free and open to the base population.
- Sex Signals presentation, 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m., April 10, at the Base Theater. Male and female communication, dating, intimacy, and sexual assault resources, prevention and bystander prevention will be highlighted. It’s free and open to those on base.
- Walk Against Sexual Assault, April 12, 10 a.m., sponsored by Your Community Connection. It will be held at Pioneer Park, 1650 Jefferson, Ogden, and is free.
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month lunch, April 17, 11:30 a.m. at The Landing. Open to base population.
- Self defense course will be held at the Warrior Fitness Center aerobics room, April 22, 4 p.m., focusing on escape strategies. It’s free and open to base population.
- Hill AFB Airmen Against Sexual Assault and Davis Sexual Assault Response Team are hosting a golf tournament at the base golf course April 25, 9 a.m.
The Hill AFB SAPR office serves as the single base point of contact for integrating and coordinating sexual assault victim and survivor care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The also is also responsible for providing sexual assault prevention training throughout the base.
For more information, call 801-777-1985.