FARMINGTON - Dozens of candidates have been filing their intentions to run for various political offices at the County Clerk/Auditor’s office, these past few days.
Filing opened last Friday and was due to close Thursday, March 20.
Some traditionally quiet races have seen increased interest this year.
For example, as of noon Tuesday, three candidates had filed for the “A” County Commission seat, including incumbent Bret Millburn. Contenders are Dave Hill and Brian Muir.
Three people are also interested in vying for the Clerk/Auditor position being vacated by Steve Rawlings, who is retiring. Those are Curtis Koch, Van Christensen and Keith Major.
The primary election is June 24 and general election day is Nov. 4. Early voting and mail-in voting also will be held.
This is not a year voters will choose the president or any U.S. Senator from Utah. However, in the county, positions are open for two state senators and all state representatives. In addition, most county elected positions are included this year, along with nonpartisan Davis School District school board, among others.
Here is the list at the time the Davis Clipper was going to press, in the order each candidate filed.
- Assessor, Dennis Yarrington, Dale L. Peterson
- Attorney, Troy Rawlings
- Clerk/Auditor, Curtis Koch, Van Christensen, Keith Major
- Commissioner Seat A, P. Bret Millburn, Dave Hill, Brian Muir
- Commissioner Seat B, Michelle Scharf, Jim Smith, Barry T. Flitton
- Recorder, Richard T. Maughan, Anthony “Tony” Thompson
- Sheriff, Todd Richardson, Bob Yeaman
- Surveyor, Max B. Elliott
- Treasurer, Mark Altom
House of Representatives by district:
- District 13, Paul Ray
- District 14, Curt Oda, Cheryl Phipps
- District 15, Brad R. Wilson, Rich Miller
- District 16, Steve Handy
- District 17, Stewart E. Barlow, Eric Last
- District 18, Richard Bagley
- District 19, Daniel Donahue
- District 20, Becky Edwards, Donna Taylor, Robert Moultrie
- District 21, Jerry W. Stevenson
- District 22, J. Stuart Adams
District School Board:
- District 3, David S. Nelson, Peter Cannon, Barbara Beard White
- District 5, David W. Lovato, Breck England
- District 6, Mona Andrus
- District 7, Tamara O. Lowe
State School Board:
- District 5, Laura Belnap
- 2nd District, Robert J. Dale, John R. Morris, Jr.
- Woods Cross Justice Court, Reuben J. Renstrom
For the most complete listings, visit www.daviscountyutah.gov/clerkauditor.