• Festival of Trees to benefit Primary Children’s Medical Center, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., South Towne Expo Center, 9575 S. State Street, Sandy.
• Santa will again wow kids in south Davis County at Bountiful’s Electric Light Parade, sponsored by the Clipper. Beginning at 400 South and Main, heading north on Main Street to 400 North then south on 200 West to the South Davis Recreation Center, where the parade will disband and revelers will be treated to entertainment and refreshments and Santa Claus will greet youngsters. 6 p.m.
• Soroptimist of Bountiful is hosting the annual Christmas Home Tour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Seven homes throughout Centerville, Bountiful and North Salt Lake will be featured on the tour. One of the homes in NSL will include the Christmas Boutique which includes baskets, small wrapped gifts and Christmas treats. Christmas Home Tour tickets are $10 per person or $5 for children 12 and under, and can be purchased at the Clipper Office, Robintino’s Restaurant, Noble Home Furnishings, Rice & Strand Interiors, Paisley Skye, Wight House Women’s Clothing, Lost and Found, C. Hardy & Co. Salon, L.A.C.E. by Louise, Pace’s Dairy Ann, and Soroptimist members. Proceeds go to local community projects and charities.
• Red Butte Garden’s 13th annual holiday open house and art fair. Free garden admission thanks to Zoo, Arts & Parks (ZAP) 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Orangerie will be filled with local artists who have created an array of locally handmade gifts for sale. Enjoy complimentary cider and hot chocolate, and acres of winter wonderland to explore. redbuttegarden.org.
• Observe Christmas over a century ago at Candlelight Christmas, at This is The Place Heritage Park, 2601 E. Sunnyside Avenue, SLC. Monday-Saturday, 6 to 9 p.m. $10 adults, $7 seniors, $7 children 3-11; children 2 and under, free. thisistheplace.org.
• Layton City Family Recreation hosts family hay rides through the Holiday “Lights Before Christmas” at Layton Commons Park. Refreshments will be served. Be sure to dress warm and keep an eye out for Santa. 6 to 8 p.m. Free. Layton Commons Park, near Layton HS & Surf ‘n’ Swim. 437 N. Wasatch Dr, Layton. 801-336-3924.
• Saint Olaf Catholic Community will be celebrating the Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The entire community is invited to join us at 7 p.m. for Mass in the church. Please bring a dish to share at the pot luck reception that will be held at the McNamara Center after Mass. For more information: 801-295-3621.
• South Davis Recreation Center Christmas Extravaganza, 7 p.m. 550 N. 200 West, Bountiful. For ticket information call 801-298-6220.
• Breakfast with Santa will be held at the Davis Conference Center, 1651 N. 700 West, Layton, 9 to 11 a.m. Cost is $14.99 for children, $21,99 for adults, free for children aged 3 and under. Proceeds will go to the Davis Education Foundation. There will be children’s and adult buffets and various performing groups and entertainment. For kids there will be cookie-making, letters to Santa area, face painting, games and a visit with Santa. Parents wanting photos should bring their own cameras. The Davis Clipper is a sponsor. RSVP by calling 801-416-8888.
• Community blood drive, 2 to 7 p.m. sponsored by the Bridge Community, a non-denominational church, 260 E. Pages Lane, Centerville. To schedule an appointment log on to redcrossblood.org. and enter the sponsor code: BridgeCommunityChurch or contact Hayes at 801-971-6337. Walk-ins welcome.
• Red Butte Garden Winter Solstice Celebration 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Winter Solstice has been celebrated all over the world since ancient times because it heralds the gradual return of the sunlight after the shortest and darkest days of the year. Bring your kids and celebrate the Solstice in the Children’s Garden. Create head-wreaths, winter candles, sip hot chocolate, and make a New Year wish at the Yule-log. No registration necessary. redbuttegarden.org.
Through Dec. 23
• Bountiful/Davis Art Center 39th Holiday Show & Sale, 28 E. State Street in Farmington, bdac.org. BDAC is on Facebook and Twitter. (801) 451-3600
• Repeat the Sounding Joy marks the Ogden LDS Institute of Religion’s 51st Annual Christmas Spectacular. The show features nearly 200 young adults from the Institute’s Choralaires, Crescendo, Folk Dance and Resound. These young adults perform at the Austad Auditorium in the Val A. Browning Center for the Performing Arts on the campus of Weber State University. Friday, Dec. 6 and Saturday, Dec. 7, 7 p.m.; Dec. 7, 2:30 p.m. matinee. Suggested donation: adult, $5; senior (60+) $4; child (6-17) $3; Family, $15 Matinee Discount Price: Family-$12.
• Bar J Wranglers concert at 7 p.m. at the Woods Cross High School Auditorium, 600 W. 2200 South, Woods Cross. For questions and ticket information, please contact Bountiful Utilities at 801-298-6100 or Richard Watson of the Bountiful Community Service Council at 801-540-3146.
• Utah Chamber Artists and artistic director Barlow Bradford announce their 2013 Christmas Concert ’Tis The Season, 7:30 p.m., Libby Gardner Concert Hall. Tickets may be purchased by calling Kingtix, 801-581-7100 or by going to utahchamberartists.org.
• Davis Arts Chamber Music Series presents a “Christmas Music Sing-in” featuring the Weber State Chamber Orchestra, Kaysville Tabernacle, 198 W. Center, 7:30 p.m. davisarts.org. Free.
• The Larry H. Miller Family and Robert C. Bowden present the 29th Annual Christmas Carole Sing-Along, featuring Kurt Bestor and a 30-piece orchestra with music specially arranged for this event. Come and experience the sights and sounds of the season at this free event. Emcee Big Budah. Guests will receive a special gift package including a holiday treat. (While supplies last ) Doors open at 5:30. No ticket is required. 7 to 8:30 p.m., Energy Solutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple. energysolutionsarena.com.
Through Dec. 23
• Free Christmas performances by choirs and other musical ensembles in various locations on Temple Square. lds.org/events and click on Temple Square Performances for more complete listing.
Through Dec. 28
• Savior of the World, Conference Center Theatre. Tickets required; call 801-570-0080 or visit lds.org/events. Admission limited to those 8 and older.
Nov. 29-Dec. 23
• “White Christmas,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
• The Northfront Business Resource Center will host a free seminar called “Understanding Avenue H” from 6 to 7:30 p.m. with Patricia Conner, director of the Office of Consumer Health Services. Davis Applied Technology College campus.
• Love essential oils? Holly Draper is the only registered certified medical aromatherapist in the State of Utah. Attend her free class stressing safety and the effective use of oils from a master blender. 7 p.m., Foxboro Club House, 1100 N. Amberly Drive, Woods Cross, take exit 315 in Bountiful. Turn west. Road is a ‘T.” Turn left and follow road around. It becomes 2600 South. Keep driving west until you cross Redwood Rd. You are now on 1100 North. Take your second left, which is Amberly Drive, and clubhouse is on the corner.
1st and 3rd Wednesday
• The Davis County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness family meets every first and third Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main Street, Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby at 801-631-1275 or Jerry King at 801-451-5325.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets each Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at the Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West. Visitors are welcome.