• USU Botanical Center Farmer’s Market, 5 to 8 p.m., 875 S. 50 West, Kaysville. Annual chili cook-off, 5:30 to 7 p.m. The Botanical Center Gardens will be open to the public for tours with USU extension agent Britney Hunter.
Sept. 13-Nov. 1
• Bountiful/Davis Art Center presents: Northern Utah Landscapes. Bountiful/Davis Art Center, located at 28 East State Street, South Door, second floor in Farmington. 801- 451-3660 or bdac.org.
• Weber Basin Water Conservancy District will host its free semi-annual Garden Fair and Open House at the Layton Water Conservation Learning Garden from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2837 E Highway 193, Layton. The fair is a family event allowing individuals opportunities to learn about landscaping and gardening. In addition to free hot dogs, drinks, cotton candy, pumpkin painting, and face painting, there will guided tours of the garden and of the district’s drinking water treatment plant.
• The Saint Olaf Catholic community will hold its annual Oktoberfest. The fun will start at noon and continue until 9:30 p.m. For more information, please contact Stacey Oliveto-Byrd at 801 292-6320 (hm) 801-663-3236 (c) or at email@example.com.
• Antelope Island State Park – Syracuse. Daylong events: At 11 a.m., meet in the visitor center to learn about the sights, sounds and creatures of nature at night. Participants will earn an Antelope Island Junior Ranger Badge. Registration is required by visiting antelopeisland.utah.gov. Kayaks can be rented from Gonzo Boat Rentals and Tours by calling 801-698-6288. Park admission fees apply for all events. 801-721-9569 or 801-649-5742.
• Isaac C. Ferguson, who worked with LDS Welfare Services for 33 years will speak at the monthly dinner meeting of the Centerville chapter of the Sons of the Utah Pioneers. The dinner will be at the Wight House, 85 N. Main, Bountiful, at 6:30 p.m., $12.50, RSVP at 801-298-1196.
• Registration for South Davis Women’s League Basketball is now open. Register early as there is an eight team limit. Games begin Oct. 5. Cost is $250 per team, League is seven games and a single elimination tourney. For women 16 and older.Contact Dixie at 801-703-7021 with questions.
• Meet the Candidates for Centerville City Council, 7 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 8 at Centerville City Hall, 250 N. Main, Centerville. Candidates will answer questions from audience.
• Meet the Candidates for Bountiful City Council, 7 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 9 at Bountiful City Hall, 790 S. 100 East, Bountiful. Candidates will answer questions from audience.
• The Great Salt Lake Chili Affair, a fundraiser to benefit The Road Home, Utah’s largest homeless shelter, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., at the Salt Palace Exhibit Hall E, 100 S. West Temple, Purchase tickets online at theroadhome.org/events/chili-affair or call Javier Alegre at 801-819-7296, or at the door the night of the event. Individual tickets are $42, and children 12 and under free.
• Davis Region 3 PTA is sponsoring a Meet the Davis County Legislator Night, 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Kendall Building, 70 E. 100 North, Farmington.
• Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will headline the Utah Women’s Conference, co-hosted by Senator Hatch and his wife Elaine. To register call (801) 413-9133. Cost is $40 and includes lunch and materials. The conference begins at 8:30 a.m.
• Zombie Dash, 5 to 11 p.m., Heritage Park, 150 N. Fairfield Road, Kaysville. This 5K starts at 6 p.m. $15 early registration, with $5 family discount per additional runner. runnercard.com.
• Monster Mash & Dash, 5 to 11 p.m., Heritage Park, 150 N. Fairfield Road, Kaysville. Enjoy autumn fare, storytelling, contests, horror-ific entertainment, silent disco and a comedic hypnotist. $15 early registration, with $5 family discount per additional runner. kaysvillerec.com.
• Bountiful Utah Orchard 7th Ward Neighborhood 40th Reunion, 1 to 4 p.m. at the 3599 S. Orchard Drive, Bountiful. All friends who have lived in the Orchard 7th Ward are invited to enjoy displays, activities for children and refreshments. Janet Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org. or Cheryl Freebairn, email@example.com.
Through April 3
• The Davis County Art Committee, headed by Commissioner Louenda Downs, is hosting the 2nd Annual Davis County Art Exhibit featuring paintings, sculptures, stained glass, photography and furniture as art. The exhibit is in the Davis County Administration Building and Headquarters Library at 61 South/133 South Main Street, Farmington.
• Temple Square Concert Series, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall. Helen Louise Baird, lyric coloratura soprano, will present “A Tribute to Motherhood,” featuring songs old and new dedicated to all types of mothers. Admission limited to those 8 and older.
• Utah State University hosts the Pendulum Duo in concert Wednesday, Oct. 2, at 7:30 p.m. in the Morgan Theatre of the Chase Fine Arts Center on the Logan campus. For tickets call 435-797-8022 or visit arts.usu.edu.
• The Salt Lake Vocal Artists will give a Bon Voyage concert, 7:30 p.m., Waterford School Concert Hall, 1480 E. 9400 South, Sandy, before leaving to perform in the Karuizawa International Choral Festival. For tickets visit www.saltlakechoralartists.org.
Oct. 7-Nov. 2
• “Into the Woods,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. centerpointtheatre.org.
• Called the funniest farce ever written, Noises Off presents a manic menagerie as a cast of itinerant actors rehearsing a flop called “Nothing’s On,” Farmington Community Arts Center, 120 S. Main, Dinner 7, p.m., show 7:30 p.m. All tickets include: dinner, dessert and show. $18 advance purchase only. Buy tickets at webtrac.farmington.utah.gov/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/wbsearch. or visit the Parks & Rec office at 720 W 100 N, Farmington
Sept. 26, Oct. 3, 10
• Davis County Health Department’s Family Caregiver Support Program is offering an eight-week series of classes for individuals caring for family members who are older or frail. Classes are free to the public. Individuals may attend at anytime during the series. Classes are held at the Golden Years Senior Activity Center, 726 S. 100 East, Bountiful, at 11:30 a.m. A light lunch will be provided at all of the classes but an RSVP by each Monday at noon is required to receive a meal. No reservation is required to attend the class only. RSVP to Megan at 801-525-5088.
* Sept. 26, topic, Caregiver Burnout, presented by Jennie Fry, Burchcreek Home Health and Hospice.
* Oct. 3, topic, Coping with Dementia, presented by Gentiva Hospice staff.
• Oct. 10, topic, Yellow Dot program, presented by Bonnie Athas, Davis County Health Dept.
• Fearless Marriage class, 6 to 8 p.m., Orchard Cove Ortho Rehab at SDCH, 485 S. 500 East, Bountiful. Enter on northwest door on lower level. Eight-week course, $20. Contact Angie, 801-773-7060 ext. 502 or www.dbhutah.org.
1st and 3rd Wednesday
• The Davis County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness family meets every first and third Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main Street, Bountiful. Call Fran Wilby at 801-631-1275 or Jerry King at 801-451-5325.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets each Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at the Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West. Visitors are welcome.