Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Man burned in garage fire
Jul 15, 2013 | 553 views | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print

KAYSVILLE — A man suffered burns to his arm and beard when a motorcycle he was working on caught fire.

The accident happened about 4 p.m. on Saturday at 182 E. 650 South, according to Kaysville Fire Chief Brett Larkin.

The man had been working on the bike in the garage, took it out for a ride and had returned home to make further adjustments when “something caught fire,” Larkin said.

The man tried to put the fire out with a hose, then called the fire department. 

“It came in as a structure fire, but the first crew was able to knock it down,” Larkin said. They spent another hour or two on scene mopping up.

The motorcycle was destroyed and some storage damaged. Because the garage was attached to the house, there was smoke damage in the house, Larkin said.  The man was taken to the hospital with burns, some of which may have been second-degree.

Larkin estimates damage at $10,000.

mwilliams@davisclipper.com

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
Postings are not edited and are the responsibility of the author. You agree not to post comments that are abusive, threatening or obscene. Postings may be removed at the discretion of davisclipper.com
Follow us on: