• Weber Basin Water Conservancy District Garden Fair, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. This free family event includes guided tours of the garden, products to learn about and buy, free hot dogs, drinks and cotton candy. There will be experts and vendors for all types of landscape and outdoor products with information for do-it-yourselfers. 2837 E. Highway 193, Layton. weberbasin.com/conservation.
• National Trails Day Celebration, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., D&RGW Rail Trail, Ellison Park Trailhead,750 N. Cold Creek Way, Layton. Events include geocaching, a scavenger hunt, games, several prizes and giveaways.
• Free Fish Day, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Andy Adams Community Fishery, 1800 E. Gordon Ave., Layton. Join Layton City Family Recreation at the one-year anniversary of the grand opening of the Andy Adams Community Fishery. Participate in free fishing (fishing limits and regulations still apply) and other event activities including fishing contests, fish fry demos and more.
• Antelope Island State Park – Syracuse
* Bats: Despite the many myths and superstitions about bats, they are one of the most important do-gooders of the natural world. Join us at 6 p.m. in the visitor center to discover some of the wonders of bats. Entrance fees apply. 801-721-9569
* Star Party: Join members of the Ogden Astronomical Society at White Rock Bay as they set up telescopes for deep space viewing. Learn about globular clusters, nebulae, galaxies and more. At 8 p.m., solar scopes will be set up for viewing the sun. If you bring a flashlight, please use a red filter. Entrance fees apply. 801-721-9569.
• Kendalyn Harris for Bountiful City Council Campaign kick-off event. 6 p.m. at Family Vision Care of Bountiful, 70 North Main. The public is welcome.
• The annual “Junque” and Antique sale sponsored by the Bountiful Soroptimist Club and the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection, will be held June 7 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and June 8 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Episcopal Church, 1135 S. Main, Centerville. The proceeds from the sale benefit local Davis County charities. Donated items are welcome on Monday, June 3 through Thursday, June 6. Call 801-292-3683 to arrange a truck pick-up during that week.
• Davis County Library Central Branch, Layton, will host a mini book sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 155 N. Wasatch Dr., Layton.
• The Bridge Community, a non-denominational church, invites you to a four-week study of the book of Colossians, Farmington Crossings Clubhouse, 1158 N. Shepard Creek Parkway, Farmington (just off Shepard Lane and Highway 89), 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Childcare is not provided. Loren: email@example.com.
Through June 14
• The Utah Watercolor Society Spring Open Exhibition will be hosted at Bountiful/Davis Art Center. The exhibit is located in the Davis County Memorial Courthouse, 28 East State Street, South Door, 2nd Floor. bdac.org. For more information, call 801 451-3660.
• The South Davis Chapter of AARP will holds its monthly meeting, 12:30 p.m. at the Golden Years Center,726 S. 100 East, Bountiful.Paul Smith, curator of the Whittaker Museum in Centerville will speak and have a video display about the history of the area. Visitors are welcome.
• Temple Square Concert Series, 7:30 p.m., Assembly Hall. Josh Wright, Billboard No. 1 artist, will perform a variety of favorites from musicals to classical to contemporary. Limited to those 8 and older.
• Free Concert in the Park, 7 p.m. Pizzicato Strings & Company is a youth violin group from Ogden under the direction of violinist/master teacher Peggy B. Wheelwright. This year’s program will “celebrate America” with well-loved classics including “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” a Beach Boys medley, Disco Fever, fiddle tunes, and an armed forces salute. Ed Kenley Amphitheatre, 445 N. Wasatch Dr., Layton.
• Concert in the Park, Pizzicato Strings & Company, performing popular music from the 1930s to the present. Brigham Young Historic Park, 8 p.m. Southeast corner of State Street and North Temple, Salt Lake City. All ages welcome.
June 24-July 20
• “Fiddler on the Roof,” CenterPoint Legacy Theatre, 525 N. 400 West, Centerville. For tickets or more information, call 801-298-1302. CenterPointTheatre.org.
• WSU will host 2013 Summer Tennis Camps for ages 11-18, 8 a.m.-noon, Edman Tennis Courts, 801-626-8500 or register at weberstatesports.com.
WSU’s GEAR-UP Program and Ogden School District will host “NUBOTS,” The Northern Utah Robotics Beginners Summer Camp for 8th graders is from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Weber State University and the Ogden Weber Tech College (200 N Washington Blvd , Ogden), and is free. Call Valarie Hansen at 801-737-7450 to register. Family night will be June 6 at 6 p.m.
June 10 Aug. 2
• Bountiful/Davis Art Center is offering new summer classes for children. Classes run each day for a week and each week features a new set of classes. This format enables students to work around vacations and to take a variety of subjects. Learn how to draw, create graffiti art, illustrate books and draw comics, paint and much more. Go to bdac.org ,or call 801.451.3660 to learn more. 28 E. State Street, 2nd Floor, Courthouse, Farmington.
June 24, July 22, Aug. 26
• Family Art Night, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Kids (and adults too) can do a hands-on art project, view the current exhibit, do an ‘I Spy’, visit the Children’s Center and eat light refreshments. This program is free to the public. Bountiful/ Davis Art Center is located at 28 East State Street, South Door, 2nd Floor, in the Davis County Memorial Courthouse, Farmington. 801. 451.3660, or bdac.org.
1st and 3rd Wednesday
• A Davis County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness family support group meets every first and third Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. at the Intermountain Bountiful Clinic, 390 N. Main Street, Bountiful. For more information, call Fran Wilby at 801-631-1275 or Jerry King at 801-451-5325.
• The Bountiful Breakfast Exchange Club meets each Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at the Country Inn and Suites, 999 N. 500 West. Visitors welcome.
• Volunteers needed: Do you have a special talent or like teaching a small class? We need your time. Please come share your talents with our residents. Singers, dancers, musicians, bingo callers. All are welcome. Call to get on our calender. 1-801-824-1771.