Be informed or they will get you.
Wendy from Morris Murdock Travel looked at this problem and came up with the following ideas. Nothing can be more disappointing and aggravating than to get your hopes up for a great vacation opportunity just to realize that your emotions have been played by deceptive advertising. If you come across an offer that looks too good to be true start looking for all the EXTRA hidden costs. You will find that normally these “deals” are the same prices IF NOT MORE EXPENSIVE than prices from reputable travel agencies offering the same product but in a more honest, up front way.
Things to look for when researching the “deals”
• Are they a licensed and insured reputable travel company?
• What is included in the advertised price?
• What is NOT included in the advertised price?
• What are you REQUIRED to purchase for the discounted price?
• Do they have an address where you can go talk to them in person?
• Do they make you give a deposit without a confirmed reservation?
Make sure you get a price with no surprises and be sure you are comparing “apples to apples” in what they are offering. Don’t be intimidated into booking immediately without checking it out first.
Things to look for when comparing vacation prices
• What cruise line or hotels are they using?
• What meals are included in the travel package?
• What attractions/sight seeing admissions are included in the cost?
• What taxes, service charges and fees do you have to pay before or during your trip?
• What tips or gratuities are included in your cost?
Is travel insurance included?
• Are there any other “value added” items included in the price?
If you receive an offer that sounds too good to be true, bring it into one of the Morris Murdock Travel offices and we will take a look at it for you. Always compare these prices with a reputable company to make sure you get the best deal possible.
Travel Tip: When looking for the best airfare, plan your flights as far in advance as you possibly can, up to 11 months ahead for major airlines.
Travel Deals: There are still a few deals on Alaska Cruises and tours but the ships are selling out fast! Celebrity Cruises up to 50 percent off regular prices on select Mediterranean cruises. It is Disney Month! Call for great deals on Disneyland, Disney World and Disney Cruise Lines.
Gary Sorensen is a Regional Manager for Morris Murdock Travel. For all of your travel information see Morris Murdock Travel in Bountiful at 320 W. 500 S. or call 295-9443.