Finding the right programs for this type of assistance is a daunting task. Most people who come to us for an appointment need help immediately and for the long term. They may not have access to a computer, or haven’t learned how to search the databases, or they are just strained by all the rules in applying for assistance. Our program has done all the research already and continues to find more ways as they are introduced.
This program answers those needs by assisting in the following ways:
• Gathering information that is required for each application
• Locating and providing those applications
• Tracking renewal and reapplication information
• Completing individual program applications
• Appealing negative decisions from the pharmaceutical companies
• Researching coupons for reduced costs of medications.
During their appointments, clients are reminded that it’s dangerous to cut back on their medications to save money. Also, they are cautioned to be especially careful about too-good-to-be-true scams for prescription medication that are circulating through telephone calls and certain Internet or e-mail offers.
If you need to apply for prescription assistance because you can’t afford the high cost, please call 801-525-5082 for an appointment.